The most popular Etv soapie which keeps people glued to their television screens. The soapie replaced the long running soapie Rhythm City on July, 19, 2021. Rhythm City was loved by so many people hereafter it was rather sad when they announced that the show was coming to an end after 14 long years.
However, house of Zwide has been a worthy candidate to replace a soapie like Rhythm City by bring drama after drama and giving exactly what the viewers want in each and every episode. Nkosi Zwide is one of the most talked about characters in House of Zwide. He is the son of the talented, career oriented fashion designer, Funani Zwide.
On the show Nkosi is eye sweetie, every woman’s dream man, but he has big issues. He sees himself as successor-in-waiting to his father but doesn’t have an artistic bone in his body to drive the family business. His real name is Wanda and he is among young South African actors making their mark in the industry. Wanda started making waves back in 2018 and his star continues to shine brighter every day. He is an actor, writer as well as director.
Get to know more about him below:
- He was born and raised in Durban.
- He is 29 years old.
- His surname is Zuma.
- He matriculated from Grosvenor Boys High School in 2009 and studied performing Arts at Creatice Arts College, graduating in 2014.
- Wanda Zuma appeared in the television films Love and Maskandi and Young Adults, which were part of SABC1 ‘s NDVF Youth Films initiative.
- Alot of people started to notice him when he debud on television as a hitmanin an episode of Uzalo on January 23, 2018.
- In January 2019, Wanda bagged a recurring role as one of Jama*s crew on the Mzansi Magic drama series eHostela.
- He later played the role of Mthunzi in the e.tv soapie Imbewu.
- He followed this up with a recurring role as detective Mthaka on the final season of the Mzansi Magic soapie Isibaya.
- Wanda landed his first starring role in television when he was cast as Nkosi Zwide, on the e.tv soapie House of Zwide.